- The following warranty is the sole warranty given by CO-EX Corporation to the user of Macrolux® and Rooflite® sheets and is limited to sheets purchased and installed in North America.
1. WARRANTY PERIOD
The warranty period is ten (10) years from the date of invoice.
Ten percent (10%) for Macrolux® LL colorless, Rooflite® LL colorless and Rooflite® XL colorless.
Fourteen percent (14%) for Macrolux® LL translucent colored, Rooflite® LL translucent colored, Rooflite® XL translucent colored, Macrolux® SL, Macrolux® IR, Macrolux® HS, Macrolux® Athermic and Rooflite® HS, and Rooflite® Athermic.
The yellowing of the sheets during the warranty period compared to the initial value when measured in accordance with ASTM D1925 compared to the initial value will not exceed:
Ten delta (Δ 10) for Macrolux® LL colorless, Rooflite® LL colorless and Rooflite® XL colorless.
Fifteen delta (Δ 15) for Macrolux® LL translucent colored, Rooflite® LL translucent colored, Rooflite® XL translucent colored, Macrolux® SL, Macrolux® IR, Macrolux® HS, Macrolux® Athermic and Rooflite® HS, and Rooflite® Athermic.
5. DAMAGE DUE TO HAIL
During the warranty period CO-EX warrants that hail will not produce holes in the external surface of Macrolux® , Macrolux® LL colorless and Macrolux® LL translucent colored, Macrolux® SL, Macrolux® IR, Macrolux® HS and Macrolux® Athermic panels, and Rooflite® LL or Rooflite® XL panels. Damage due to hail is evidenced by holes in the external wall of the sheet in an even and diffused manner.
The determination of the damage being caused by hail may be made by a simulated test hail storm on the challenged sheet. Standardized artificial grains of a diameter of 20 mm strike the outer surface of the sheet at a speed of 21 m/sec. If this test does not produce holes in the external wall, the claim will be rejected.
- CO-EX, at its option, will replace the defective sheets F.O.B. Wallingford, CT or make a monetary payment to the user based upon the original CO-EX invoice amount for the defective product.
- The warranty obligation does not include the cost of reinstallation or fabrication expenses or any other direct or indirect loss which may result from sheet failure.
- When CO-EX elects to compensate the user for the sheets which have been found to have failed the warranty, the amount to be reimbursed by CO-EX will be calculated on the basis of the purchase price paid by the original CO-EX customer: 100% of the price for the first 5 years from the invoice date. During the period from 5 (five) to 10 (ten) years from the invoice date, the amount of the original invoice will be reduced by one twentieth (1/20) for each six month period missing up to the expired period of (10) years.
7. USER OBLIGATIONS
This warranty is valid only if:
The user gives written notice within eight days from the date of discovery of the defect, attaches a photocopy of the invoice and submits a specimen of the defective sheets which includes the batch code shown on the outer face of the sheets.
The user allows an inspection of the allegedly defective sheets by CO-EX.
The sheets were used under normal conditions.
- use in horizontal and/or vertical applications or for enclosures of cold-bent sheets, if the sheet thickness used is not equal or greater than eight (8) mm; (excepting 6mm 3 wall Q quadro) or less than .8mm for Rooflite® LL and XL;
- use of sheets which have been exposed to aggressive chemical agents;
- use of scratched sheets or sheets with gels/inclusions
- use of sheets which have been inadequately cleaned by not following the applicable technical instructions.
- use of joining and/or fixing elements and/or adhesive and/or sealants which are not compatible with the sheets or inadequate use of the appropriate joining elements adhesives and sealants.
- use of sheets which have been exposed to excessive heating and/or thermoformed;
- use of sheets which have undergone crazing and/or overheating;
- installation of the sheets with the U.V. protected surface exposed inwardly rather than outwardly. Excepted are sheets of EXTRALIFE (XL) quality,
- use of a bending radius of Macrolux® sheets less than 150 times the thickness of the sheet, except that Macrolux® sheets of 10 mm, 16 mm, and 20 mm thickness with a triple wall barrel structure require a minimum bending radius equal to or greater than 180 times the thickness of the sheet
- use of sheets which were not kept in stock, transported, processed, and installed in accordance with the technical information which CO-EX provided.
LL – LongLife • XL - Extra Life • SL – SuperLife • HS – Heat Shield
2. LIMITATION ON WARRANTY
The warranty applies to standard sheet glazing panels with minimum thickness of 8mm and a minimum thickness of 6mm for 3 wall structures. The warranty measurements in subsequent sections shall be made on sheet free from dirt and scratches.
3. LOSS IN LIGHT TRANSMISSION
The deterioration in transparency during the warranty period when measured in accordance with ASTM D1003 in comparison with the original sample will not exceed:
6. CO-EX OBLIGATIONS
CO-EX’s warranty obligations are as follows:
8. EXCLUSIONS FROM WARRANTY
This warranty does not apply to damage resulting from a "not qualified use". "Not qualified use" shall include, but not limited to:
9. THIS WARRANTY IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF CONNECTICUT regardless of its conflict of laws.
10. IN THE EVENT OF A DISPUTE as to this warranty, the matter shall be submitted to arbitration in Hartford, Connecticut before a single arbitrator whose decision shall be final
THE WARRANTIES STATED HEREIN ARE IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, WRITTEN OR ORAL, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. ANY OTHER CLAIMS FOR DAMAGE OR LOSS EITHER DIRECT, INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL, WHATEVER THE CAUSE THEREOF, ARE EXPRESSLY EXCLUDED FROM THE WARRANTY. CO-EX CORPORATION'S SOLE OBLIGATION SHALL BE LIMITED TO REPLACING THE SHEET OR REFUNDING THE ORIGINAL OR PRORATED PURCHASE PRICE, AT ITS OPTION, WHICH SHALL BE YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL CO-EX CORP. BE LIABLE FOR ANY AMOUNT GREATER THAN THE PURCHASE PRICE OF THE SHEET.